Thursday, June 05, 2008

Shopping for An Oncologist

I have to go shopping for another oncologist! This is the terrible news that I found out today. It felt like the aftermaths of the quake in China and the typhoon in Myanmar combined together - disastrous and devastating twice over.

I have always believed that your doctor should be the one whom you get along with; one whose instructions you'll follow; one whom you won't dread visiting when check-up/follow up time comes. I have always had this kind of relationship with my oncologist. I was supposed to go back mid-May for another check up but due to my father's illness, I was in Cagayan de Oro and wasn't able to see her.

I called up today to get an appointment for Saturday and that's when I found out that my oncologist have migrated to Nebraska just a couple of weeks ago! And someone has taken over her practice. Man, oh man. This is a disaster! What shall I do? Go to this oncologist who took over the practice or shop for another one based on the referral of my support group?

I emailed the support group right away but no one has been under this "new" oncologist's care. I don't know if that is a good sign...

Maybe I should just go to Nebraska for my check-up. I want to cry...

1 comment:

olive said...

achification!
remind me to get jerome to give u eugene's number.
:)