Tuesday, August 22, 2006

All's Well

All's well now in the homefront. Papa is doing okay post surgery. Brother's symptoms have resolved and he is now A-okay.

I never realised how stressed we all were until all's well. We were on the verge of fighting instead of supporting each other. I became a nag, which did not help at all. The rest of the family was either irritable or scared when I talked to them. It's a wonder that we were able to hold up under the storm.

I took the weekend off and let myself went a little insane, as per the advice of a friend, playing badminton day and night to let go of the stress. It worked! I think I am less cranky now, less prone to bursting into tears, less spaced out, and less sad.

I can now think with a clearer head. I can even hold the hand of a friend in need. Indeed, all's well that ends well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that your family is doing better. I also love badminton! It's a fun game and you get to meet a lot of new friends!

Vanj said...

Thanks, Ladybug.