Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"Presidential Stalker"

Have you ever been "stalked" in your life? Perceived or otherwise? For those who have experienced this, it is NOT funny at all.

I have been noticing that in the last 8 years or so, I have been constantly crossing paths with a certain personality. Lately, it has been escalating. Sometimes, our paths would cross up to three times in a week! Really, it is getting to be a drag.

When Manila Midtown Hotel was still standing, we have crossed paths a couple of times. I was even thinking how vulnerable this personality was and how lax the security people were around her. Then, as the years passed, our paths would begin to cross more and more. I really have no interest in her, and yet, I constantly find myself within a few feet away. Am I being stalked here? For even on the roads of Metro Manila, she would somehow manage to be on the exact same road where I am at the moment. I would find my car being stopped.

Perhaps one of these days, I should confront her and ask her what she really wants from me. Why is she following me around? Does it make her so happy to see me that she would go to the lengths of blocking my car on the road?

Seriously! (as they would say in Grey's Anatomy)

Just the past three months alone, our paths have crossed 5, maybe even more, times; and stopping my car all these times. Last Saturday, on my way to meet a friend in Mall of Asia, I was yet again stopped in the streets - all because she has to go.

Madam President (Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo), please go "stalk" someone else. I have been inconvenienced time and time again.

No comments: