Friday, March 16, 2007

Claustrophobia

I'm feeling quite lost and have been pretty lethargic for a few weeks now. I don't know what to do, what to focus on. Am I having a *GASP!* mid-life crisis?! Even my colleague noticed this. He said that it seems I am just going through the motions and seemed listless, as if I lost the passion for life. Of course I denied this, saying that I'm just feeling a bit tired lately.

I find it hard to get out of bed in the mornings, and yet I cannot sleep early at night. I find myself craving for sweets - a sure sign that something's bothering me. I find myself sitting in my work station in the office, staring into my computer and yet I do not know what work to do. My brain's lethargic. I don't even want to decide on things as simple as picking a place for dinner.

The usual pick-me-ups doesn't seem to do the trick. I'm restless; very, very restless. Then it hit me today - this started to build up when my oncologist told me to get a bilateral breast MRI. I maybe just a teensy weensy bit antsy about my scheduled MRI. Yeah, I think I'm just worried, as I tend to be claustrophobic. These are sure signs when I am worried about something - I can't sleep, I feel tired, I get cranky, and I eat (a lot!).

I'll update you on my MRI experience next. It is scheduled for tonight at 6. This should be quite an experience.

No comments: