Monday, June 26, 2006

Girlfriends 2

Last Monday, I went to Makati to meet up with Gigi, who had been in town for three weeks already. It was her last night in Manila before she flies back home. We were supposed to meet earlier in her stay here but things kept cropping up and messing our schedules.

It was good to see Gigi again. Over dinner, we talked about everything and nothing; friends, foes, family, everything. We also gossiped like the two girls that we are.

Last night, I went out with a couple of other girlfriends. We gossiped, yes. We had girl talk. We had fun.

Looking back, I realized that these friends are so good to me. They kept me sane. They have the knack of being there when you need them most - for a good laugh, for a good time, for a much needed pick-me-up, for drinks, for juicy true-to-life stories, for EVERYTHING!

Life is much more fun and colorful when you have girlfriends, and I am so lucky to be blessed with a bunch of them.

No comments: