Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Chemo- or Hare-brained?

I am now playing badminton again, every Monday night, and time and playmates allowing, Thursday nights, too.

I get my natural highs playing the game, sometimes it's not too good, as I end up still wide awake at 230 in the morning, still feeling the adrenalin rush.

Last Monday, early morning, as I was preparing my clothes for the games that night, I opened my badminton bag and found out that I was losing my badminton shoes! I lost my shoes! I lost my shoes! Panic almost set in, I remembered to take a deep breath and tried to think where I might have lost my shoes. I did not even bother to look at the array of shoes in the room. I knew in my bones I left my shoes at the court where I played the previous week.

My goodness! I have been oblivious to the fact that I do not my badminton shoes, and it's been a week! Now, is that chemo brain at work? or me just being plain hare-brained?

I rang up the court and was told that no one turned over any shoes. Darn! Now, I have to get new shoes! I texted Olive and told her that I lost my shoes. She immediately called me back. Olive was kind of in a panic mode; she was telling me that she threw away a pair of shoes over the weekend and that those might be my shoes. I calmed her down, telling her that it would be impossible for her to throw out my shoes as I don't think I brought them home last week.

I went to the court without buying any shoes. My options: 1) get shoes from the court. 2) not play. 3) play barefoot. Of course, these options are not acceptable to me, but what can I do? When I got to the court, I immediately went to the counter to sign the attendance sheet. What did I see then? My shoes! Someone found them and gave them to the counter for safekeeping! Hallelujah! I could not be happier at that moment.

Geesh. One week of not knowing that my shoes were lost? Seriously!

No comments: