Tuesday, July 04, 2006

2nd Quarterly Check Up

There's no putting it off anymore, so I went to see my Oncologist last Thursday. I was getting anxious again when I stepped on hospital grounds. I DO think it is psychological. Unpleasant stuff associated with hospitals.

I brought along my lab results, of which I was quite satisfied. Everything was within normal range except for my liver functions SGPT and SGOT, which were elevated to almost twice the normal levels.

My good doctor was also happy with my lab results, my weight, and even with my blood pressure (which I am so proud of: 120/75! Imagine that!) With regards to my liver function, we both think it is a side effect of taking tamoxifen (I did some research before going to the hospital). I will be taking a repeat lab next week (2 weeks from last lab) of my liver function before we decide how to tackle this hurdle.

Overall, I had the stamp of "in good condition". Next check-up will be in three months. With the usual lab exam, plus a CT scan. Oh, lordy!

No comments: