Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Not Meant To Be

After waiting for a month, I finally heard from the retail chain where I submitted my curriculum vitae. I have all but given up on it, knowing deep down that I did not get the job because of my medical history.

I have told the person who referred me that if the company will have a problem with my being a cancer survivor, then I will definitely be having problems working for them. I simply cannot work for somebody who thinks that I will drop dead for sure at some point in time during work.

I got a call from the referring person this afternoon, telling me that the company have no problems whatsoever with my credentials. However, I was told that I might not pass the medical requirements. Yep, I was right.

Well, I think that I am simply not meant to be working for this company. This is the second time that I have applied for a job with this company, and both times I got really lame excuses for their non acceptance. I feel sad.

No comments: