Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Joujou

Bad joujou, that's what I have been having lately. Those who watch Grey's Anatomy would be familiar with this term; for those who do not watch the series, it's roughly translated into one word: Luck.

Last Monday was one of the worse days of my life. Even I could not believe the amount of bad joujou coming my way the whole day that day.

I woke up with a headache (not a good sign as I usually get sick afterwards). When I got to the office, I opened my yahoo account and I found out that a dear friend have passed. Then, nothing at work seemed to go right. My computer broke down and had to be carted off to the shop. People I have to deal with were being difficult. Silly and outrageous demands were being made left and right. The working day finally ended. I thankfully left the office, hoping to leave behind the bad joujou.

On the way home, I was quite antsy about the rain coming down. It had rained earlier in the afternoon, so before I left the office, I turned on the wipers to clean the windshield. Imagine how dumbfounded I was when the wipers proceeded to cross each other and made an "X", after which I have to manually disentangle them! I really, really, REALLY wanted to cry and bawl and kick myself silly then; but it's all inside.

I had planned on playing badminton that night, to expend/expel all the negative energy. Then I remembered that I left my badminton gear at home. Now, I have to go home and change. No worries it's just a 15-minute drive home. Well, the 15-minute drive became an hour. Traffic was really bad.

It was then that I decided I had enough. I would not venture out anymore, lest I tempt fate further and hurt myself at the courts. I would just stay put. Read a book perhaps, for I dare not go online, the computer might get a whole bunch of virus, worms, spyware, adware, and whatever else is there that you can get online. Worse still would be if it got so bad that the computer would crash, heaven forbid!

So, I took a bath, hoping to wash away all the bad joujou of the day, and stayed home.

Things are getting better (with that luck, things have no where to go but up, right?), but it seems that I still have some residual bad joujou left. Today, I got myself a runny nose. I woke up with a scratchy throat, and Boyd has to stay in the shop longer than originally planned.

So how does one chase it all (the bad joujou) away? Help?

No comments: