Sunday, May 13, 2007

How Sweet

I have seen enough of broken marriages and relationships turning sour that it kind of puts me off the idea of being committed. I live in Asia, more specifically, in the Philippines - here, it is weird if you are my age and is still single. People constantly ask and speculate as to why you are still single at this point in life. You'd get questions and opinions of all kinds - ranging from "maybe you're too picky" to "Are you gay?" Seriously! I am such a cynic, or perhaps that is just my excuse for still being single.

Personally, I can't picture myself being married, more so now after I got sick.

Last Friday, I witnessed the other side of marriage, the joyful side, that is. I saw how a couple can miss one another so, I saw that one of the strongest foundation of a couple's relationship is friendship. I never thought I will ever witness that kind of sweetness from a couple who is married for almost 25 years. 25 years and they act like they're still dating. Wow.

So, to those who are getting married and who are married, I think that if you don't forget your friendship, and top that with unconditional love, you pretty much have it made.

No comments: