Monday, May 07, 2007

The Office Bitch

People are bugging me about writing an entry. Well, it indeed has been a month since I last posted. How time flies, even if you are miserable.

Well, I finally finished the transcription that was given to me six months ago...heeheehee...hurrah!

I have been enjoying my badminton games. I can play longer now without tiring easily. Another hurrah!

On the downside, work just sucks. I nearly got fired because of office politics, but that's all water under the bridge. I was accused of being slack in my job. ME???? NOT WORKING???? All those who know me can say that I could be accused of being a workaholic but never a slacker. All those who have worked with me can vouch that I can and do work that is assigned me and then some, sometimes more than some; but NOT working??? Are we talking of the same person?

Anyway, the real deal is coming to light. I have proven my detractor wrong (the bitch!); and that all the things that I am claiming are indeed true. Thing is, the bitch still has the upper hand, being part of the ExCom and the saddest part of all, having the President's ear. Hmmmm....

Last Friday, I finally blew my top and had a shouting match with the bitch. Actually, I just had to raise my voice over hers so that I could be heard. Sometimes, I really wonder what am I doing in that company, talking to dysfunctional people.

This morning, the bitch got into the office after I did, and she was greeting me oh so sweetly, making small talk. I answered oh so sweetly but inwardly, I was cringing and gagging. My boss, the COO, told me to improve my people skills. She told me to act like a salesman, especially with my "best friend," the office bitch.

Yeah, right. In the meantime, I will "improve" my people skills and continue working, until I can find another job, or until my Plan B takes off.

Yep, I survived cancer, I can survive the office bitch. She's just a walk in the park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Improving your people skills" is just another way of saying "matuto kang makipagplastikan"

Diba?

Anonymous said...

Hi ate vangie!

Si teng ako... saka yung nagkoment dun sa itaas