Saturday, October 29, 2005

Disco Divas

Last Wednesday night, together with some of I Can Serve "sisters", we went to Captain's Bar to support and listen to one of our fellow survivors' band perform. I never thought of asking what kind of music they'll be playing.

I followed after classes and got there around 11:00 PM, just in time for the 2nd set. I was surprised to hear unfamiliar songs from bygone eras. I think most of them can be classified as disco music. Pardon me, but I'm musically challenged. Secret

Since I'm unfamiliar with the songs, I took pleasure at people watching instead. The dance floor was full. It was then that I realised that most people there are a generation ahead. I had a ball watching them dance and enjoy themselves.

Soon enough, the dance floor turned into a pseudo line dance. There were a couple of guys (biologically male, anyway) who were leading the crowd. I thought they look like people in a gym class working out. Spaz

Then one of the dance "instructors" went up to the stage to dance there. I did not even bother to contain my laughter. The guy is pure entertainment! He even dressed the part, wearing a shiny shirt and flared pants! I mentioned this to my companions and they said I'm a witch. Laughing 2 Well, the guy asked for it! Thing is, I think that his shirt is quite retro, and I believe it's not purchased recently but rather recycled. Proof? Well, the button on the belly area keeps popping open.

I agree with my companions, I'm a witch! Witch Cauldron

No comments: