Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Second Family

Growing up, we all have a special set of friends. We would be hanging out together, having sleepovers, meeting the parents of our friends. Being a huge part of their kids' life, it is not surprising if our friends' parents eventually consider us to be part of their family.

This is the case with Gigi's parents. Mama and Pingping (as I also call them) have opened not only their home, but their hearts as well. I have become the "adopted" daughter, albeit a very prodigal one.

Gigi flew in from Guam last Saturday, and as earlier decided, we drove to Cavite City after lunch Sunday and stayed overnight. When I arrived, the welcome was oh so warm! It made me realise that I am home. (I'm so lucky! I have 2 places to consider home)

I had a splendid time. Being around the family made me wish that I should have done it sooner. I can't bring back time and so I shall not look back with regret. But rather, I will cherish the moments I spend with my second family.

No comments: