Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Week That Was

How do I cram 8 days of fun into one entry? I guess I don't. So I'll just blog as I remember.

It was a very hectic week - with much shopping, gossiping and what nots to do. Gigi and Leila won by yardsticks when it comes to stamina. I'm usually the first one to sleep and yet the last to wake. Hmmm...do they even sleep???

I was supposed to take the Wednesday afternoon off to catch up with shopping and spend more time with the girls. But luck wasn't on my side. I got to Makati around 4PM (Yay!) but have to deal with a problem in one of our outlets (definitely NOT yay!). I thought I'll be done in half an hour, but this is not to be so. I finished at 6PM! Whew! So, shopping's out. We just had dinner and then went to Rockwell for bowling.

Bowling was fun, especially with beer. After two games each, we decided to call it a night and go back to the hotel to watch Amazing Race. *sidebar: the TV series was just an excuse, we were tired - really!*

Thursday, we got up bright and early, excited for our Boracay trip. The weather's a bit bad over Caticlan so our flight was delayed for an hour. That's okay. Rain or shine, we don't care less. Just get us there, please!

When we got there, it was hard to believe that the weather was bad earlier in the day. The sun was shining ever so brightly. I guess we brought sunshine with us. It was three glorious days of sun, sand and rain. Amid all the food, drinks, walks, vegging out and shopping, we managed to make friends.

I guess the three of us wanted to keep the parting as simple as possible. All three of us have to be somewhere by 6PM Monday, I have to classes to go to, Gigi had dinner plans with an old friend, and Leila has to be at the airport. We had a group hug all around and parted ways. No tears, no sentiments. Just the knowledge that we will always be friends no matter when, no matter what.

Thank you, girls, for a very wonderful time! Blowing Kisses

No comments: