Monday, October 17, 2005

Holiday Mode

All of us are guilty of being in the rat race. Everyday, we would all rush around in a frenzy. Chores to do; deadlines to meet; kids to raise; laundries to wash, dry and fold; etc. Going around like this is just normal for us. It's no wonder that most of us find it a bit difficult to switch from the everyday mode to holiday mode. Us three girls were not exempted from this.

The delay at the airport is enough for me to switch. Gigi and Leila, despite being on holiday since Monday, have yet to slow down. Walking in Boracay, I would find myself trailing the girls. They are always in a hurry (or perhaps that's just natural for them to walk fast). I have adapted myself to the island pace.

It is not surprising or uncommon for the girls to be ahead of me by as much as 20 feet. I would take my sweet time; Gigi and Leila would realize that I'm trailing behind, so they would wait for me. They soon realize this; and made concious efforts to slow down their pace. I think they enjoyed the island more after they did that.

No comments: