Friday, November 25, 2005

Looking Back, Looking Forward

As I has my blood extracted this morning at the laboratory, I realized that it was exactly a year ago today that I found my cancer, and perhaps took the very first step of this journey I'm in. Today marks the 1st year anniversary of the discovery of my cancer - discovery not diagnosis. What a difference a year makes!

Today, I'm still at it - fighting cancer, that is. I had blood extracted this morning in preparation for my CT scan tomorrow. Thursday next week, I'll be having my bone scan. I honestly can't say that I am without apprehension for these tests. The what-ifs are rearing their ugly heads again. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to hearing the words: "Congratulations, you are now cancer free." Even if I wanted to put off these tests indefinitely, I have to summon what courage I have left and schedule the tests myself. I am thinking that this is like taking that plunge from the 30-foot high bridge - one just have to go ahead and make that leap of faith.

This should be interesting.

P.S. Oh, did I mention that I'm claustrophobic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi tevanj! good luck next week! anobayan, I'm in elena everyday but I don't see you guys anymore! Ang lungkot na dito. Hope to catch up with you before Christmas. Sama naman sa greenhills! ;)