Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Almost There

We finally signed on the dotted line last Friday. We are officially the tenants of the condo unit we have fallen in love with at first sight. After the contract signing, we visited the unit again, this time to appreciate it as it is since when we looked at it the first time, it was in the process of being repainted.

Standing there in the condo, I can't help but notice how small it is. I have always lived in big spaces all my life. This is the first time that I will be living in a place where it is all there in a 64 sq. ft. area. I will just have to adapt to it, and fast.

Last Sunday, we went to Glorietta to check out the BPI Appliance Madness to see what good deals we can have for the new stuff that we need to buy. It turns out to be a very good call. We have earmarked what we will be availing from there, and the rest, we will just get probably from the department stores and other shops. After about an hour of going around checking the appliances, we headed for the department store to check out other stuff that we might need. We were there around 4 pm and finally decided to call it quits around 6:30, after which we did some grocery shopping. We managed to get home around 9pm.

Only a few hours on my feet, going window shopping, and I was conked out. Monday still saw me tired and listless. I feel like I was going to come down with the flu, and I was dreaming about joining the Amazing Race??? Bah, humbug!

I felt better yesterday. I tried to assess how much packing we (actually, Olive did most of the work) have already done, I think we're around 30% packed and already there is barely room to stack more boxes. We will be moving these as soon as we get the key to the apartment, maybe then we will be able to pack more faster.

9 more days to the new address! Yay!

No comments: