Monday, April 10, 2006

Next Step

Having moved, next step would be unpacking and fixing up the place.

Still needing to go to work, I can only unpack after office. A few days of the past week has been devoted to unpacking, other days were spent attending parties. We have not yet even unpacked and we are already partying! No wonder I feel tired most of the time! I would find myself nodding off in front of the computer at the office, prompting me to believe that I get my rest more in the office than at home! Hehehe.

It is much more tiring for Olive, for she's on night shift last week. She would come home in the morning, sleep for a few hours, then call the appropraite people for the installation of some appliances. I made it up be TRYING to unpack as much as possible during the evenings. Oh, well, at least we could now see big parts of the floor, plus there are no more boxes piled on top of other boxes. Everything is just on the floor, one layer only. Hooray!

By Thursday, we had set up almost everything. I was able to do our laundry by Friday night. As I explored the neighborhood one night, I saw a promo offer of the laundromat downstairs, offering to wash for free 3 kilos worth of laundry on your birthday! Hmmm, tempting! Then I thought of the possible consequences of having our laundry done outside (I am allergic to a lot of detergent, so I would not want to take my chances), I opted to do it myself. The freebies would not be worth the allergies!

By the end of this week, the place would look like home.

No comments: