Saturday, January 14, 2006

Split Second of Fame

What is the correct number? 10 or 15 seconds of fame? Whatever it is, I got a "taste" of that last December 31. However, I think it was just a split second for me.

We (Papa, Mama, Olive, and I) were sitting around the living room just talking after dinner on the 31st. My parents usually go to bed early, even during christmas' and new year's eve, so it was a rare treat for all of us to be together in the living room still talking at 11:00 in the evening.

Around that time, I got a text message from a friend first greeting me a happy new year and then he said that he saw me on TV just then. I answered, saying happy new year too and that he might just have been mistaken. I mean, why would I be on TV? On new year's eve to boot! I'm not out partying on the streets, much less attending any high profile party, so what is my face doing on TV? And I'm pretty sure that our conversation at that time is not being covered by any TV station.

Then, another text message came in, from another friend, telling me that I was on TV and that he's so proud of me. Duh? What's going on here? So, I switched on the TV and managed to catch the tail end of that particular segment. Then, I understood. It was a file footage of the interview of one of my sisters at I Can Serve. Somehow, my face must have been included in it.

When I got back to work, my colleagues were telling me that they saw me on TV. They were so excited that you might think that they are working with a celebrity! I laughed and asked how did I look? Did I have hair or not? It was then that I found out that the footage shown was part of the video made by I Can Serve for its breast cancer awareness campaign.

That was my split second of fame. ROTFL

No comments: