Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sunday Lunch

As planned, I went to Cavite last Sunday, arriving there just a little bit before lunch time. It was an easy Sunday morning drive. I was lucky to have just missed one of the numerous Sto. NiƱo procession/s and parade around the city.

Lunch a major production number. There was kare-kare with bagoong (I only eat this dish if Mama cooked it, otherwise, I do not eat kare-kare) , adobo, and sugpo. It amazes me that Mama would know what my favorites are, just like she knew what Leila's favorites are. We must have gone to Cavite a lot in our college days and almost munch the Auditors out of their home. Cover UpWell, at the very least, we went there more than enough times that Mama's able to remember our favorites!

Gigi rang just before we were about to sit down for lunch. All of us took turns in making her go green with envy at the food spread out in front of us. She tried to get us back by insisting on talking to everyone one by one, interrupting our lunch. No one minded though, we just kept on eating before and after our turn at the phone.

After the sumptous lunch, Mavic and I settled down in the sala again to continue our conversation. Five o'clock came soon enough and it was time for me to head back to Manila, not wanting to drive on unfamiliar streets after dark. It was a good day.

No comments: