Thursday, January 05, 2006

It's Been a Year

Where were you a year ago today?

When I realized what date it is today, I am quite surprised. Time indeed goes by very fast. A year ago today, I was flooding the operating room of CCC hospital. Around this time, I was being operated on. Looking back, I can't believe that I have come this far, that I have survived, and that today is my first "birthday" as a cancer survivor.

I give thanks to all the people who have been there for me, family, friends, strangers, and the Divine Being(/s that you prayed to, I knew at the least there were 3 kinds of religion involved). The past 365 days have been quite an experience, something I would not exchange for. I only wish that I could take away the worries and anxieties (then and now) that people have for me. As I look forward to a healthy life ahead, I thank you again for your love and support.

Happy new year!

No comments: