Thursday, December 29, 2005

Tuesdays with Morrie

This is one of the best books I've read, Tuesdays with Morrie.

It has reinforced what I believed in - that people who are dying are the bravest, the most uncomplicated people in the world. They know what they want and they tend to accomplish as much as possible with the precious time they have left. They are the most generous, the most understanding people.

Morrie Schwartz have lived a full life. The most memorable days were his last days on Earth. He was, indeed, a teacher in the truest sense of the word. I may not know him personally, but he has touched me with his teachings. He made life so simple, something I have been striving to do with my own. Even after his death, Morrie Schwartz continues to teach people how to life live to the fullest. I am humbled by his teachings.

Are you still seeking for answers? Read Tuesdays with Morrie. For me, this is a far better book than Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Morrie Schwartz was, and still is, a far better teacher than Robert Kiyosaki. I appreciate what Mr. Kiyosaki is trying to teach the world, who would not want to be rich? But I think Mr. Schwartz was far richer than Mr. Kiyosaki, maybe not in dollar and cents, but certainly in life, friendship, and love - and these were the things that sustained him.

Happy New Year, everyone! Have a simple life ahead!

No comments: