Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Gift

What is the best Christmas gift ever that you have received?

I got a Christmas card from my dear, dear friends in the States yesterday. Oh, what joy! How thoughtful. They sent me the card to wish me happy holidays and also to tell me the news that they're expecting a little girl! I just hope the baby will look like the mom. *grin* They said that this is their best Christmas gift ever. I believe them.

Today, I got a gift from my godmother. I am so blessed to have her as my godmother. She has helped me A LOT with my sickness this year. She would visit or call me up, checking on me, to see how I am doing, how am I coping.

Admittedly, I went through a lot this year. The surgery, the treatments, the scares, the learning processes everyday, and yet, I was able to overcome these obstacles with help from family and friends. Life is sweeter everyday.

I think this year, the entire year is one big christmas for me and it's the best christmas, ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I got your link from a friend's and been reading your posts for quite a while. I admire your courage, your strength, your faith, and just everything. Your posts moved me in so many ways.

I wish you the best through the years. Lean fervently on Jesus and claim His promise when He said, "be strong, keep still and know that I am your God."

Merry Christmas and a blissful New Year to you and family!

Vanj said...

Dear Joy,

Thank you for your kind words. A prosperous New Year to you and your family!

-Vanj