Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Bone Scan Results

I went to PGH (Philippine General Hospital) yesterday to get the results of my bone scan and to have my ultrasound as well. When I got my bone scan results, I was quite amused with the film. On the film were 4 exposures of my skeleton, from head to toe. What I find amusing is that the film is smaller than the letter size bond paper. I think my skeleton looked like that of Tinkerbell's. =) Wishing!

After getting my results, I went to have the dreaded ultrasound. The doctor saw the mass right away, but the size is now 6.1 x 5.8 x 5.7 cm. It seemed that the mass have grown from 4.5 cm to 6.1cm in 10 days! If I am the fainting kind of girl, I would have fainted. If I am a hysterical kind of girl, I would have gone into hysterics and probably got myself a shot to calm me down (maybe I should try this next time). Since I am neither, my heart just stopped for, oh, probably 5 seconds before racing at full speed. I have to conciously breathe deeply to calm myself down.

My OB-GYN was kind enough to drop by the ultrasound to see me right away. After conferring with the other doctor, she pronounced that they BELIEVE the cyst to be physiological in origin. That the cyst grew so fast in size also have an explanation: The CT scan's measurement might not be as accurate as that of ultrasound. Nothing to worry about, but we still have to monitor it. I am to see her again in 3 months' time. I left the hospital with mixed emotions. Relieved that there is no required operation for the cyst, but at the same time still apprehensive and worried about it.

Well, I guess I should just forget all about it with the holidays coming up, and worry about it again in February. By the way, on my bone scan report, the line following the word INTERPRETATION is as follows: Normal whole body bone scan. Yay! =)

No comments: