Sunday, December 11, 2005

Scrooge

Bah, hambug!

Two more weeks and it's Christmas. Up until today, I have yet to find the Christmas spirit in me. By this time, I'm usually wrapping my gifts and might have even given some out, but this year, it's a different story entirely.

I am in a time warp. In my mind, I'm always a week ahead (I thought I am going home next Saturday!), which will constantly throw me into a panic, for I'm still not done with my Christmas shopping. What Christmas shopping? I haven't even completed my list. Yet, after realizing the correct date, I'm left scratching my head, wondering why there's all these extra activities in the shopping malls! Maybe school and work kinda leave me in a daze.

I attended the Christmas party of I Can Serve today, hoping that somehow I'll be infected with the holiday spirit and cheer. No such luck. It's just the realization of what date it is that propels me into action, wondering what I can get for my godchildren. I went to the mall today, in an attempt to look for gifts, and I ended up watching 2 movies and buying a book for myself. So much for making a dent into the list.

Perhaps I'll just give a hug and a kiss as gift. I'll get into the holiday spirit and cheer, I'm just a bit late this year.

Bah, hambug!

No comments: