Sunday, December 04, 2005

CT Scan

Last Saturday morning, November 26, I woke up earlier than usual. At first, I felt a bit disoriented and bewildered why I woke up that early. Ahh, yes! The CT scan. I noticed that whenever I needed something done, I would always wake up early. I woke up early for my operation. I woke up early for my chemo treatments. I woke up early for my CT scan. I think the only thing that I didn't wake up early for are the RT treatments.

I was apprehensive (again) for the scan. I was hoping that I won't be freaking out or that my phobia won't set in once I'm on for the scan. I even developed a strategy in my mind: I will close my eyes during the process and think happy thoughts! =)

Upon reaching the diagnostic lab, I found out that I am only to have plain CT scan as per doctor's orders. The fee will be a bit less, and I only have to drink around 1.5 liters of water, which has the contrast dye mixed in, within an hour. Woohoo! I gingerly tasted the water. Oh, good! It doesn't taste like medicine. Woohoo again. They say luck comes in 3's. After an hour, when I entered the room to have the scan, I could not believe my eyes! Yes! The machine is not one of those monstrous cave-like traps, but rather it looks like a table with a wide hoop. Triple woohoo! I wanted to kiss the machine! Yeah! I would not have to worry about being claustrophobic anymore. Tumdeedum!

Again, I would repeat, they say luck comes in 3's. I already had 3 good things. Will my good luck hold out?

I was told to change into a hospital gown, but I get to keep my undies on. The technician mumbled something which I did not quite catch, but it sure sound suspiciously something like "rectal", and then he left the room to let me change. After the technician left, and I was left wondering if I heard him right. The technician came in again after a few minutes. He had added more water to the bottle. I'm to drink that again? Ok then. Well, apparently not, that mixture is to go into my body not orally but rectally! Oh, man! I wanted to bolt for the door and would have done so if I wasn't lying down on the table. Dang! No wonder the technician was mumbling earlier. He must have had patients running out on him. Oh, boy!

So I took a deep breath, I suffered that, and had the procedure done. I got the results of my chest and whole abdomen CT scan last Monday.

No comments: