Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Are You Sure?

I was able to finally schedule my mammogram for December 10, 2004.

The technician who will do my mammogram turned out to be a Chinese lady, probably in her mid to late 20's, early 30's at most. One look at my request form, and she started asking me all kinds of questions: Why are you going to get a mammogram? Who told you to get one? Have you seen a doctor? But you're too young to get a mammogram! etc, etc. My, oh, my! This is a job for the diosa powers! After a few more minutes of question and answer, I finally convinced her that I really DO need that mammogram! Whew! So this is how a beauty contestant feel!

The whole procedure was surprisingly pain-free and not at all unpleasant. I have heard of ladies coming out crying rivers of tears, scaring off the next patient. I was lucky to have a very thorough and considerate technician, once I was able to convince her that it wasn't a figment of my imagination. My only regret is that I wasn't able to get her name. But I was able to thank her, though. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to bump into her again next time; and then I'll ask her name.


No comments: