Saturday, January 29, 2005

Breaking the News

The next thing to do is the hardest part for me - to break the news to my parents.

Nerd caught me crying my eyes out in his clinic. He tried to console me, saying that everything will be all right; that the family's there, etc. etc. I said I wasn't crying about that. I was crying because I don't want to burden the folks with the bad news. I'm worried about them.

I finally gathered myself together and we went home (the brother closed his clinic for the rest of the day). When we got home, I told Mom and Dad. Ma hugged me and started crying. Pa just sat in his chair, stunned, not saying anything. He refused to believe the news. Sis still don't know the news as she's at an internet cafe.

Between Nerd and I, we said that even though the news aren't good, it was good that we caught it early; and that's the most important part. Mom's more vocal, her way of dealing with the news. It's Dad I'm worried about. He just sat there, not saying anything, staring quietly ahead. When Olive (the sister) came home, I told her. She was shocked and kept asking: "What now?"

Being forced to face this crisis, we don't have a choice but to be there for each other. We WILL get through this!

1 comment:

Nelson said...

*HUGS, HUGS and more HUGS!*

You're a strong woman, achi. Bow ako sa iyo! :)