Saturday, January 29, 2005

Cousins

One of the cousins who I used to babysit when they were toddlers is Virra Joy. She tied the knot last December 27, 2004. She's a cousin who is 8 or 9 years younger. Through the years, I've seen her grow from an infant to a toddler who would jump at me on the top of the stairs at their home when I visit (it's a wonder that we never fell down those steps) to a grade schooler. I "lost" touch with her for some years while I was in college but we reconnected when she entered college. I was blessed to see how an awkward teenager blossomed into a lady and now, a woman. Never had I seen her more radiant than she was on her wedding day! Congratulations, Virra!

Another cousin who holds a spot in my heart is Claire. Unlike Virra, I got to really know Claire when she came to stay with us for her bar review and exam. In the span of one short month, I grew to love her to bits. I love to tease her for she never failed to rise to the bait. I also love to play badminton with her for I can beat her (hehehe; I still hope to do so by December!). In some ways, she's still a kid. A lovely lady and a kid at the same time. And then, of course, there's Christine, the beloved younger sister, who could resist her?

We have cousins a plenty on Dad's side, if I'm not mistaken, I think we're at least 50! And these are the two who I hold most dear.

No comments: