Sunday, January 30, 2005

Doctors' Conference

Nerd asked me to go to the hospital the day after my diagnosis so that I can further consult with my doctors. I asked Pa to go with me and he readily agreed. This is my way of telling him that things will be fine. I want him to hear it straight from the doctors' mouth that I will beat the crap out of this big C.

At the hospital, I was surprised to find that I'm scheduled to see 3 doctors at the same time. It turned out that Nerd called them to his office for a "meeting". Wow! VIP treatment! So, I met my medical team that afternoon (or part of it anyway). I met with one surgeon, one plastic surgeon, and two orthopaedic surgeons (Nerd and Ate Genie). The oncologist didn't make it to the meeting as she's still seeing patients.

So we discussed what options I have. What kind of surgery will I have? We narrowed it down to 3 options: Quadrantectomy (or Lumpectomy), Modified Radical Mastectomy with Reconstruction, or Radical Mastectomy.

Oh, boy! At this point, I have only found out for sure that I have cancer for two days, and there I was, digesting a ton of medical information; and spewing it out too! *Groan* Information overload!

No comments: