Monday, August 29, 2005

Answer to The Big Question

Yes. I'm going to take tamoxifen. In fact, I'm on my 2nd day now.

I went to see my oncologist last Thursday and I had an impromptu lecture on the statistics of tamoxifen. As per studies, incidence of endometrial cancer as a result of taking tamoxifen is at 2.5%. A chance I believe is low enough to warrant a pretty much worry free 5 years of tamoxifen ingestion. I also got an email from an OB-GYN/GYN Onco doctor from the breast cancer egroup stating the pros and cons of taking tamoxifen. Well, the pros far outweigh the cons. So, Here I am, happily popping the "controversial" pills. Whew

I am thinking of switching OB-GYNs. I think I'd be better off managed by an OB-GYN/Onco. At least that doctor would know for sure what to do as this will be their field of specialty and sub specialty. And I would also not be going off the deep end from time to time over nothing.





No comments: