Friday, August 19, 2005

Going...

It's just two weeks after my last bout of radiation and yet my skin on the treated area is starting to lighten. I am much much surprised, for I am waiting for the skin to peel off - just like when one gets a sunburn.

Well, it did peel, but it comes off in flakes rather than whole sections of skin. Do I sound disappointed??? *LOL*

Well, I think a lot of factors contributed to this. First, there was the Biafine RE cream (thanks to the relentless efforts of Jedi Ambo in procuring some for me) and then there's the cream that my dermatologist gave me to use together with Biafine. Last, but not the least, I think I can thank my genes for - my lack of those darkening pigments, melanin.

It could be that I'm lucky to have so much Biafine cream at my disposal. I finished 4 tubes! I think I went overboard with it. My other "classmates" in RT finished only 1 tube (of the ordinary Biafine) or less, at most 1-1/2! But their skin got burned so bad. The way my skin looked after the 7 weeks of treatment is exactly how their skin looked by the 3rd week of treatment. I know I sound like I'm bragging a bit here, but I'm not, believe me. I'm just so wowed by the Biafine RE cream!

No comments: