Saturday, August 13, 2005

Hectic

It's been a hectic week, with work persistenty getting in the way (somehow this statement sounds wrong and at the same time right). It's only today that I am finding time to sit down and blog, even then, it's time stolen, just me wanting to vent a little.

Monday, I went to have my blood extracted to have some lab test done for my Tuesday check-up. I don't know if one can view blood extraction as a good way to start the week (on hindsight today, it's probably not, it's been bloody hell) but the good news is that the person got blood on the first try, and on a vein on my right arm at that! My veins are still way thin compared to the ones on the left arm, so it was a big relief to be able to have blood extracted on the first go.

Tuesday, the internet connection at the office was down. Trying to call the hotline of PLDT's DSL service is like having your wisdom tooth pulled out without anesthesia. I tried calling all day but I was never able to connect to an operator, just the machine. At least my check-up went well. My oncologist just told me what to she wants me to do for the next couple of months. Tests are still not yet scheduled as the good doctor wants me to have a rest from all those tests and needles I faced this year. I unwind at the end of the day by watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (superb movie, a must-see!).

Wednesday got the boss on my case, since there's still no internet connection at the office. Duh? He made it sound as if I'm the one responsible that there's no connection! I finally got to talk to an operator at the service request center of PLDT. When asked if there were any maintenance work being done with the server, the operator just replied that he would put in a service request. Hhhmmm...I think something's wrong with their server, as there's also no connection at home.

Thursday went by in a blur, the internet connection's finally up, both at home and at work. I can't remember now how the day went but I remembered watching season 3 of The Apprentice. And then I fell asleep right before the boardroom and the firing scene. Asus! Hmp!

Friday was a headache. Some people in this office meddle too much, wanting to stick their thumbs in everyone's pie, even if it is NOT their business. Pissed That plus the not at all brilliant (I'm am being VERY kind in this description, believe me) work left to me by the last colleague who handled the HR pretty much left things in a big mess. So, I am now playing the mop up crew, trying to sort out this shit that people around me created.

Today, I arrived at the office with more very undesirable events happening, courtesy of another colleague. Well, it was just 10 o'clock in the morning then, but that did not stop me from shooting down the person involved. I did not care that the boss was just standing a few feet away, I was berating them for not being able to follow the simplest of instructions. Well, I can only take so much. Cover Up

Strangely enough, throughout the whole week, I never experienced the blood pumping, blood pressure raising feeling that I used to get in times like this. It is as if I am involved and yet somehow detached. Maybe not wanting to succumb to feel the pressure helps. I am hoping that next week things here at the office won't be as messy as this one is. Hey, after being down, what other way is there but up?

No comments: