Thursday, August 18, 2005

Separation Anxiety

Funny, I never thought that I would experience separation anxiety!

I have been so looking forward to the day when I can go hatless again. Now that my hair's grown back to a decent thickness, I have been reluctant to part with my hats. But I finally did it - last Sunday. It is yet another milestone for me, to go out in public with no hat on.

I knew in my heart that as early as two weeks ago, I could have gone hatless. But I kept putting it off, making excuses that my hair's still too thin, that I still have slightly bald patches on some parts, that people will stare if I take of my hat, etc. My rationale then (when I was still bald) was that if I can start using shampoo, then I can go hatless. When the moment of truth arrived, I chickened out and did it two weeks after.

Reality bites and I realized how funny I am to be so anxious. I can plaster my face (with and without hair) on this blog, practically daring the world to make fun of me. And yet, in real life, I could barely part with my hats. I knew people won't give me a second look with my new 'do, and I was proven right. =) I even kid around and declare that I already need a haircut as my hair's already touching my ears.

And so I say goodbye to my hats! Well, maybe not totally, I might still use them once in a while...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm finding your blog extremely inspiring. I don't know exactly where you are in your journey, and just stumbled onto your blog....but wow. Thank you for sharing.

Vanj said...

thanks for your kind words, Lisa! =)