Friday, August 05, 2005

Celebration

I celebrated the end of my treatments yesterday. From the hospital, I played hooky and went to Rustan's Makati to attend the "Look Good, Feel Good" activity of I Can Serve. This activity is for breast cancer patients and survivors. Rustan's provide a resource person to teach the attendees how to look good (using make up), and with looking good, make them feel good.

The activity have already started when I got there. The attendees were the women from PGH, with ages ranging from 45 to 65, perhaps 70 years old. To see these women enjoying themselves, putting on make up, laughing and ribbing each other, makes me happy. For a few hours, they can forget their daily troubles and just enjoy being with friends. I just sat there and watched them, basking in their happiness. It was a just a very peaceful feeling.

The activity ended around 5PM. I am meeting up with Au, Arlette and Dion 730PM. I took advantage of the waiting time and turned it to some "me time", I went around Glorietta, and end up doing some shopping (finally got a top to go with the orange cap I got as a gift Big Smile).

The icing on the cake came sometime before 730, while cooling my heels in a coffee shop, I got a text message from my brother with some great news. It was a glorious day indeed.

No comments: