Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Beautiful Women

Last Sunday, I woke up early so that I can be at Edsa Shangri-la Hotel by 7AM for Silver Linings. I volunteered to help out with the registration. I got to the hotel at exactly 7AM. By then, there were around 50 to 60 people milling around the event area. Wow! This early?

The whole day event was a success, we had more or less 400 to 500 people who attended. It was a full day. We laughed, we cried, we hugged and held each other's hand - survivors and non cancer patients alike (I decided against using the term non survivor here - people might misinterpret it as dead people, heehee).

A friend of mine dropped by around lunch time to visit the event. She was so impressed with the ongoing fora and attendance. She kept telling me how beautiful we (the survivors) are! After she left, I looked around and I have to agree with her - these are some of the most beautiful women I see and know. The beauty of these women come from within. There is a special glow. I don't know where it came from - maybe from the peace that they've found within themselves; maybe from the acceptance of their conditions; maybe from the determination to live life to the fullest; maybe from their tenacity that they will beat breast cancer; or maybe all of the above.

At the end of the day, seeing all those tired and happy faces was very much worth it. I feel so blessed to have known these beautiful one-breasted (no breasts or a little more than one-breasted) women.

No comments: