Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Movie and A Cop

Our weekly meeting was cancelled last Monday, suddenly leaving the night free. I called up Olive and asked her if she wanted to watch a movie. She said yes. So, we went to Rockwell to watch "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants".

When the movie was over, I saw my face in the mirror. I laughed. My nose was red from crying rivers of tears over the movie, most especially over the character Bailey, a 12 year old girl with leukemia.

It was surprisingly good. Although I knew that it will be a chick flick, I never anticipated it to be that good since the story revolves around four teenage girls. The movie was worth the trip to Makati.

Earlier in the afternoon, before leaving the office, I thought that I should really put up my car registration stickers. I got it since July and still haven't found time (actually, I always forget) to stick them. I started to take off the old registration sticker but then decided to do it on Tuesday since it was starting to rain then.

On our way home from the movie, two blocks from home, and a patrol car was behind me, sirens on. I move to the right to let it pass. But when it came alongside, the policeman waved at me to pull over. While waving, I saw (and heard; a bit muffled) him say the words to his partner "Pare, babae pala" (it's a girl). I smiled; vanity getting the better of me - pleased that even with my short hair, they know that I'm a gal. The police did not even bothered to ask for my license and/or registration. He just wanted to know where my car registration stickers are. I showed the cop the stickers and he let me go - after telling me to stick them on so that I won't be delayed/flagged down in the future. Yes, sir! No problem.

I should follow my instincts, hehehe. And yes, I put them up yesterday.

No comments: