Saturday, February 04, 2006

Alda's

When I moved in to Elena Apartments almost 2 decades ago, Alda's is one of the more popular and affordable restaurant in the neighborhood. I love their chicken croquettas; the pasta dishes are nice; the pizzas good; and of course, a visit to Alda's would not be complete without the Chocolate Cream Pie!

Last night, as I was walking home from school, I decided to take another route than the usual. I passed by Alda's and I was thinking that it has been a while since I last ate there - must go there one of these days. To my dismay, I saw that the restaurant was closed! Closed? Why? I backtracked and read the sign at the door, it read: "Kitchen equipment for sale. Tables and chairs, too."

Oh, no! They have closed shop! No more chicken croquettas!

The restaurant is closed and all I can think of is their food! What's the matter with me???

I guess I am just a foodie.

1 comment:

olive said...

that's a special place for me too... achi, it's a sign. we gotta move to qc. :D