Sunday, February 12, 2006

Schooling

I have enrolled in a short course last October, studying to be a Medical Transcriptionist (MT). It has occupied my weeknights since then as my classes are from Mondays to Fridays, 6 to 10 p.m.

Badminton games, tv series, movies, and even an occasional dinner or meeting with friend/s had to take a back seat and became a non-option during weekdays. Whatever life I have outside school and work is crammed on Sundays as I still have to work Daturdays.

So it came to pass that my days (since October) would start at 9 a.m. (with work) and ends at 10 p.m. The first two weeks saw me with dark circles under my eyes right away, still trying to adjust to a gruelling routine. I would have days when I would feel so tired that I would nod off on my desk (both in the office and in school) for a few minutes - sometimes right after a cup of coffee at that!

We are already more than half-way through. On Monday, we will be "attending" our classes from home. Assignments will be relayed electronically. This is to see how we will be if we work from home. I think this is yet the biggest challenge of this course; as being home, all the temptations: TV, people to chat with, a ready bed when you're feeling sleepy, etc. are readily available.

I will graduate in 5 to 6 weeks' time and I'm quite excited about it. Yes, it is all worth the long hours.

No comments: