Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Amazing Race Asia Edition

As I was searching for the date of the pilot episode for the next season of Amazing Race, I came across an ad for Amazing Race Asia Edition.

I blinked, and blinked, and blinked again to make sure I saw it right. Yep, the producers of Amazing Race are producing an Asian edition. All Asian countries with the exception of Australia, New Zealand, Japan and those in the Middle East are included in the race. All you have to do is send in your application forms with a 3-minute video to convince the producers to pick you for the final 11 teams.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!

My heart went a lub-a-dub for a few minutes. I was so excited! I wanna join! I checked out the rest of the qualifying details (requirements, etc.) Go! Go! Go!

The producers stipulates that all participants must be:
1. willing to travel (of course)
2. meet and interact with other cultures (why not?)
3. have a taste for adventure (who doesn't?)
4. willing to give up their privacy (I can live with that)
5. of sound mind and body (never mind the mind! teehee)
6. willing to travel by mid year of 2006 for 30 to 40 days (yes!)
7. have a valid passport (until December 2006 at the least)
8. at least 21 years of age (well, i'll be legible by mid 2006! mwahahahaha)

Hhmmmm....tempting! My only reservation is if I can cope with the fatigue that is sure to accompany the demands of the race. I am not what I used to be. It will only be a drag if we (my teammate and I) are at the final legs of the race and I find that I can not go on due to my health! Oh, drats! Maybe next year, when I have built up my stamina. I'm sure my doctor/s will not allow me to go on such a taxing task just yet.

I envy those who will make it to the Asian edition of the Amazing Race. *Sigh*

No comments: