Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Week That Was

It was a pretty rough week for me.

Monday: All started out well. It was pretty uneventful.

Tuesday: An email from one of my "sisters" at I Can Serve told us that they found some metastases in her bone scan.

Wednesday: The office nearly got burned down. The electrical post outside the main gate of the office was on fire, popping once in a while. We had to shut down the electricity until the electric company came to fix the problem.

Thursday: (1) I got a text from a friend telling me that she dreamt about me. (2) The road beside the construction in front of where we lived collapsed, causing the engineers to evacuate people in the building.

Friday: (1) I finally got to talk to the friend who sent me the SMS; she told me that she can't remember what her dream was about but she was crying when she woke up. (2) Another "sister" also had a recurrence, and this time around, it is already Stage III. (3) There was anarchy in the streets for a few hours; sending the MalacaƱang Palace to declare a "state of emergency." A lot of people believe that this is just another name for martial law. (4) One of the dormers came to me and told me that her parents wants her to move to another dorm; one where they do not have to worry about her safety.

Saturday: (1) It was blessedly a "peaceful" day. I got to play badminton with my friends without having to hurry off to work. (2) Two more dormers talked to me about moving out. (3) I talked to the building manager about moving out.

Sunday: (1) I found out that Sheryl Crow underwent surgery for breast cancer and will be having treatments. (2) I'm still enjoying the relative peace and quiet of the first half of the day. Perhaps we'll go house-hunting later.

Next week should be a breeze!

No comments: