Saturday, February 04, 2006

I'm Baaaack!

Before I got sick, I used to play badminton twice or three times a week, sometimes even more. I would be at the courts from 6 to 11 or 12, sometimes this is in the morning, and sometimes, in the evening, depending on the day of the week. That is 5 or 6 hours of playtime. Of course I am not playing ALL of the 5 or 6 hours, but I can play 2 hours straight and still feel okay.

Last Saturday morning, I went to a badminton court to try to play again, this after 5 months off the courts! I was there at 8 am but have to leave around 10 for I still have to go to work (us slaves have to work the whole day Saturday).

I had one good game (2 sets - or is it the other way around? 1 set, 2 games?) and then I have to call it a day. Towards the end of the 2nd set/game, I could already barely lift my hand to hit the shuttlecock, much less run after it. My, oh, my. I have to build that stamina once again!

This morning, I went to play again; as it was last week, I got to play only one game. One game, and I was tired! To think that last week's game is much "harder" than today's! But then again, I feel good. It's nice to play again.

I'm baaaack!!!!! Well, sort of... =)

No comments: