Friday, June 10, 2005

Cafe Adriatico

On my way home last night, Olive rang me up on my cellphone, asking if we could have dinner at Cafe Adriatico. Sure, why not? When I got home, I asked Olive why Cafe Adriatico? She said that she's craving for the salpicao. We went to the cafe soon after, as Olive's already hungry.

When we got to there, I saw a familiar face sitting by the window. Could it be ?? I thought no, it can't be. When we got inside, Olive insisted on sitting at the table that's good for 6 people. That raised my eyebrow. Sister's acting strange. But I brushed it aside and sat down anyway. After a few minutes, Olive asked me if I knew the people behind me. I gave them a glance and said no. Olive insisted that I looked again. I did. They were looking at me, too, smiling.

I know that smile! Oh, crap! What's his name? It's definitely not Ed, he's in Canada. So, where did I meet this guy? Oh, crap! Oh, crap! oh, crap! Why isn't my brain functioning? When my chemo brain finally jump started, I realised it IS Ed. Undeniably in the flesh! Waaahhh! Hahahaha! Funny. Minus the glasses, plus a few pounds, it took me a full minute to recognize him! Serves you right, Ed! Hmp! *LOL* His lovely wife, Mel, is with him. No wonder they looked familiar. Haha! and another ha!

We had dinner, and I was talking almost non-stop, but I let Ed and Mel put in a word or two once in while Rolly 3 , at times a few sentences. It's been what? 8 years? since we last saw each other. It's a pity that they have to leave around 830, as they have to go home to Novaliches.

Cafe Adriatico will always be a place with fond memories for me. This is where I go to meet up with friends, hang out, catch up.

I told Ed: it's a good thing that Jojo isn't here to leak out the surprise (hi, Jo! Remember my birthday "surprise" a few years back?) Brows . Had a lovely, lovely time last night. Thanks to Olive and Faith for the surprise, Ed and Mel for travelling all the way from Novaliches just to spend a couple of hours with me, and all of you who connived with Ed. That was a good one!

No comments: