Thursday, June 02, 2005

Sleeping Beauty

This last round of chemotherapy had me become best of friends with my bed. I slept the weekend through, literally! Monday, I reported to work, but was pretty pale and listless. I keep nodding off. Tuesday was no better. I wanted to stay home but I remembered that I have the planning at St. Luke's at 230PM. So, I went to work; and slept for an hour during my lunch break before finally heading to the hospital.

Wednesday, I woke up still feeling tired. I decided to stay home. Amidst the heat and the construction noise, I was still able to sleep. Man, I'm drugged! In between, I'd wake up with a headache, and with pain on some parts of my back - probably from too much sleeping. But I'm conking out in the middle of an activity, what's a girl to do? Sleep!

Olive thinks it's probably because prior to my last cycle, my white blood cell count is only at 3.4. Lowest count by far. With the immune system that weak, it's probably correct to assume that I'd have a longer time recovering. But, hey! I don't have to think about that again, yay!

Today, I decided to go to work. I woke up around 7AM, but decided to leave the house at 10AM, so that I can drive. After breakfast at 830AM, I managed a nap (still sleeping?! I got tired after eating Blushy 4 ) before finally heading for the bathroom at 930 and left for work at 10! Let's see if I can do better today and not sleep so much.

No comments: