Monday, June 20, 2005

Radiotherapy

I had my first dose of radiotherapy today. It is indeed quite uneventful compared to chemotherapy; and I hope I'm not speaking too soon. I got to the hospital 5 minutes to 11 o'clock. I was told to be there by 11AM. As usual, I'm beating the clock by a hairline. It was later that I found out that the listing for the RT treatment starts at 11AM.

I saw my radio-oncologist hurrying in the hallway; I greeted her a good morning but I did not stop her to talk to her. I figured she'll be back at the linear accelerator room in time for my first treatment. Well, I figured wrong. The technician is kind enough to guide me through my first session; although all I did was just to lie very still. The treatment took about 5 minutes.

After my session, I went up to the 4th floor to visit someone. I took the stairs, as the elevator is taking forever. After two flights of stairs, I felt fatigue setting in. Oooohh, noooooo! This can't be right. How can fatigue set in so soon? I think it's just all in my head. Hah! Either I must be losing my mind or I have been reconditioned (by the drugs? or by the radiation?) to accept any suggestions and process those to be my own. Ngek! *LOL*

No comments: