Friday, June 03, 2005

Planning Session

My planning session last Tuesday went well. I got to the hospital 230PM on the dot. The planning staff were just about to send out search parties to look for me when I showed up.

By 235PM, I was already in a hospital gown, lying down on the simulation table, feeling like a slab of meat, ready to be cut up. I was tied down on my legs and was advised that the simulation/planning will be around 30 minutes. The entire duration of which I am to hold my position, and NOT move a hair. I can breath, though. Teethy

So, there I was, immobile for 30 minutes; holding my position. To help me through, I tried to imagine myself as a model in a photo shoot (no wonder they get paid that much!). Finally, after all the markings, they did the tattooing; all 14 points of them. Yeah, I thought it was only 6. Tattooing did not hurt as much as I thought it would, some points I did not feel as they fell on the portions where my nerves are taken out. When done, I was told to SLOWLY move so as not to jar my limbs (and avoid shooting pain), being immobile for so long.

After the planning, I was handed a piece of paper and was told to go back the following day. I was puzzled, why do I need to go back the next day? For the start of my treatment! Oh, no! No, no, no, no, no! I'm to start by June 20th at the earliest! I'm not yet ready to start, the Jedi council's still chasing after my Biafine! After talking it over, the technician, doctor and I finally understood each other and they said they'll get in touch with me for my appointment. Whew! That was close. Waaoom, waaoom.

The most fun I had that day is after the planning. I was walking around with red lines on my neck, with matching black marks on the intersecting points of the lines, and left side of my chest; half of which can be seen by the people. At that time, we still can't touch the dye; have to get it dry first. When I see people staring at me, I half wish I could have lines and marks all over my face, with matching pins Acupunctureso that I can grin and/or sneer at them. BOO!Thbpbpthpt!Too Funny

Now, I'm walking around with 14 new "moles" on me. =)

No comments: