Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Star Is Born

Sometime last weekend, I got a text/SMS from the founder of I Can Serve, asking if I'm free on Tuesday morning to help make a profile for the foundation. I told her that I'm not free Tuesday morning, but can be available after our lunch (the members of the support group had a luncheon party to celebrate a couple of members' birthday as well as a baby shower).

I got to the luncheon around 1PM as I finished up at St. Luke's past 12 noon, and have to travel all the way from Quezon City to Makati. It was then that I found out that the profile we're doing means that survivors will be interviewed and these will be compilated into a short documentary. Said documentary will be used for fund raising as well as for the grand convention for breast cancer this September 30.

What???? Me? Go on camera? Ai-ya-yay! I'm the shy type! I can't do it, I'll be babbling or I'll be too flustered to answer. Not to mention that I'll be bathed in nervous sweat! No good! No way!

But since I said yes, and I am as good as my word, I did the interview. I can't really remember what questions were asked or if my answers correspond to the questions, I guess I did okay, for after the interview, we went on to shoot two more "candid" scenes.

Hirap pala maging artista! (It's hard to be an actor!) No wonder they get paid a lot, talent or no talent. Too Funny I'll be signing autographs and answering questions on the day of the Silver Lining (the official "title" of the convention). Waving *bow*

No comments: