Sunday, June 05, 2005

Carefree

Friday saw me fully "recovered" from the post chemo fatigue that has been hounding me for a week. I went to work, visited my mom at my aunt's place in Makati after work, and I even managed to go to an inuman (drinking spree) after. How's that for recovery? *grin*

It felt soooo good to be worry free for a change, even if it's only for a night. It was quite a treat. Seeing friends and spending time with them; swapping wits and stories. It was fun, fun, fun. Some of them were worried that I'm out drinking; they even threatened to call up my brother to rat me out. I said it's no biggie. And besides, some of them already ratted me out last week, when I had a couple of bottles with this same group. My doctor's okay with it, as long as I do not do it nightly. It was said during my first consultation that there are certain health related merits to drinking red wine and/or beer while undergoing chemotherapy treatment, all of which didn't register after I heard that I CAN drink. Talk about thirst...

How much fun I had? Let's say that time flew by so fast that I was quite surprised that it was already early morning when we headed for home. The sun rose two hours after I went to bed.

No comments: