Thursday, June 30, 2005

Something New

My radiotherapy will be for 28 days instead of 33 days. This means that I'll be completing my treatments earlier! Hooray!

As expected, the treated area of my left side of the body is starting to darken. I have been in radiotherapy treatment for nine days already, that's including today, so I'm starting to see the side effects. Darker skin for the treated area/s (breast, neck, underarm - yikes!); white blood cell count getting lower again, fatigue. At least I did not experience loss of appetite. =)

Along with the more known side effects above, I discovered that there's another one. No one believes me but I think this one will be for the books. *LOL* All those hours of sitting down and talking to other patients, waiting for our turn at the five minute zap, certainly amounted to something. And this is the "new" side effect of radiotherapy that I'm talking about - calluses on one's rear end. Smiley Shell

No comments: