Monday, July 04, 2005

Icon for Cancer


Lance Armstrong's winning form Posted by Picasa

Who better a spokesperson for cancer is there than Lance Armstrong? I don't think there's anyone. My hero is currently gunning for his 7th (and supposedly last) title of Tour de France. I saw him on TV yesterday, not quite understanding what's going on as I only caught the last part of the first leg of Tour de France. But I could not have timed it better for I saw how he rode to overtake his main rival, Jan Ullrich (1997 Tour champ) - at a mere two kilometers from the finish line! Wow! Can that man ride!

Armstrong's currently in 2nd place, but the Tour isn't over yet and he's trailing by two seconds. For the first time, I'll be interested in Tour de France; I'll be checking on the sports page every day to check on Armstrong's standing. And yes, I'll definitely will be rooting for him in his quest for his 7th title. The rest of the participants can try again next year!

Good luck, Lance Armstrong!

No comments: